Thursday, March 17, 2016

Going on a diet

Not really!

Depriving yourself is just setting yourself up to fail.

But I am going to change my diet.

I'm cutting out all non 'real' foods, no more biscuits, no more crisps, no more fizzy drinks and no more crunchy nut cornflakes.

'Cause although, admittedly, I don't eat that stuff very often I have been eating them far more than normal.

Like a lot of women, I have a sometimes complicated relationship with my body.

Which I know is stupid because it's healthy, it works and it's mine.

Every time I eat 'bad' food I have this voice in my head telling me that by eating 'what I want' for instant gratification, that I'm not succumbing to the expectation that I deprive myself in order to stay skinny. That by eating 'badly' I'm empowering myself.

And it's true, you should never feel like you absolutely can't eat the things you want. It's an unhealthy mindset and it will make you miserable.

It also has to do with trying to be a vegan, and wanting to prove to myself and others that I'm not eating vegan to stay slim. Because this is truly not the reason that I don't want to eat animal products, but it's always the first question that people ask.

Vegan junk food is still junk food. And actually, I've been bypassing vegan completely when it comes to 'treat' food.

And now, what was 'I've been eating too much s*it recently' has gradually turned into my everyday life.

So here's to exercising control over my life and changing bad habits!


No comments:

Post a Comment