Friday, February 20, 2015

Fringing & Flares

I originally made this post on MagpieBlondes back in October, but seeing as 1970s inspired style continues to be having a bit of a moment I thought I would repost my pretty modest styling of some 70s classics - denim bell bottoms.





I bought my first pair of 'bells' in the U.S after being inspired by the laid back California style of bloggers such as Little Black Boots and Sloppy Elegance. The 1970s make me think of Woodstock and road tripping across the U.S.A and are therefore in my mind kind of synonymous with the American West, suede fringing, denim, cowboy boots and all. London style has leant towards more modern, sportswear meets street inspired minimalism recently (a la Charlie May) but I also love the bohemian, music festival cool of the West Coast, even if it does feel a bit anomalous against the concrete vistas and steely skies of London (or, let's be honest, my pretty shabby back garden). That being said, I'm looking forward to seeing how the 70s will be interpreted at LFW!

Jeans - PYLO, Bag - Charity Shop, Silk Kimono - One&Only for Urban Outfitters, Top - ASOS, Cowboy boots - Justin

1 comment:

  1. Such a fox! You look beautiful. I remember wearing flared pants as a kid all the time, hahaha. Good times. They're so great on you!

    http://littlegrimoire.com/blog

    ReplyDelete