Monday, January 26, 2015

Miracle Oil, No Not L'Oreal!



I like to keep my skin care as easy as possible, no expensive brands, no unpronounceable ingredients - just pure, simple and natural. I've been using 100% jojoba oil as a moisturiser on my face for about a year now and I can't imagine that I'll ever use anything else!
Lots of people worry that putting oil on their face will cause skin to breakout and instead turn to astringent, skin drying products to clear oily skin - but like how if you wash your hair very regularly you'll find it gets greasy really quickly, the more you attempt to 'dry spots out' the more likely your skin is to overcompensate for the lack of moisture and produce more oil. Jojoba oil, how ever, is gentle and similar to the type of oil that skin naturally produces, meaning that it is absorbed easily without greasiness.

I just use this oil as I would a regular moisturiser in the morning and before bed, but if it's sunny outside I also use this moisturiser with SPF from Green People. I've always been very lucky with my skin and apart from the occasional breakout as a teenager, haven't suffered too much. If you feel that your skin is very bad and have the patience, I strongly encourage you to use jojoba oil to do the oil cleansing method!

I don't have a particular source for this information, as I've just kind of acquired it over the last two years of becoming interested in and researching natural skin care. If you're skeptical there's a tonne of information and reviews on the internet... or you could just try it and see for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment