Saturday, January 31, 2015

Green People

I mentioned in my last post that I sometimes use a Green People day cream with SPF, aside from this though I don't have any other products from them as although I think it's 100% worth it to spend a little bit more on products that have natural, ethically sourced ingredients and are not tested on animals, they are a little out of my price range - I think Lush is in general cheaper and also a great company to support. How ever, I saw on Twitter that Green People are offering £5 off facial cleansers as well as free delivery for first customers so I thought why not support a local Sussex business and try some new products in the process?

Green People Foaming Face Wash

I don't wear make up every day but on days that I go make up free I don't like to skip washing my face in the evening. This face wash is great for that - I don't think it would be very effective in removing make up but it's light and leaves my face feeling clean and refreshed before I go to bed and doesn't dry my skin out like I've found that some foaming face washes do.

Green People Facial Oil

I'm going to put it out there and say that I really dislike it when products claim to be anti ageing. I hate to break it to you but unless you have a philosophers stone then nothing in this world is going to stop you from ageing, and beauty products that label themselves 'anti ageing' are just promoting the view that ageing is a negative and embarrassing process for women! I don't want to be a downer though, and that being said I really like this facial oil! This tester size cost £3.60, so I was expecting it to be a little bigger. The ingredients include jojoba oil (no surprises there!), sunflower seed oil, almond oil and avocado oil. As my go-to moisturiser is usually plain jojoba oil, this feels like a much more luxurious version - it smells good, feels silky smooth on my skin and works really well under my foundation without making my skin really shiny. Full size is £18.95 for only 30ml, so pretty expensive, but a little goes a long way and if you're looking to invest in some natural luxury beauty products then this is the product for you.

Green People Tinted Moisturiser
Another sample size that was only 50p and came with this skin exfoliator which I have yet to try. I'm glad they send you two shades - medium and light - because I would definitely have ordered the medium which is actually a tiny bit too dark for my winter skin, and the light is perfect. Jojoba oil is another key ingredient in this, along with almond oil and witchhazel and the result is what you want out of a tinted moisturiser - coverage not too heavy but not too light, and moisturising! Full size is again expensive, £34.95 (£35 but we want you to think it's cheaper) for 30ml.

Conclusion:

I am trying to be a more green person, but judging by the pricing and prevalence of products claiming to be 'anti ageing' I don't think that I am really Green People's target audience. The prices are expensive but not too much more than similar products by Clarins (ok, this is for 100ml, so maybe a bit more). That being said, I like the brand and what they stand for and my cursory analysis tells me that although they won't stop the ageing process, the ingredients in these products will help your skin's overall health and happiness - so they get a thumbs up from me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment